- The Faculty of Biology and Medicine offers excellent opportunities for research
- Its PhD program involves around 420 doctoral students
- The University of Lausanne is the center of numerous academic and social activites
- Lausanne has become the administrative capital of sport thanks to the presence of the IOC, the Olympic Museum and numerous International Sports Federations and organisations that have established their headquarters in the Vaudois capital.
- The region also has a tradition of excellence in the field of training and research in the shape of IDHEAP, ISSEP, AISTS and ASMS.
The Doctoral School of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine offers various specialized study programs in Life Sciences and Medicine. The Doctoral School manages doctoral studies in basic and clinical sciences.
The Doctoral School has the responsibility for the 3rd cycle training (Doctorate), field for which doctors and biologists collaborate together. Many thesis in Life Sciences and Neurosciences are carried out in medical research laboratories. Research in clinical sciences profits from the expertise and technical platforms developed through basic sciences.
The doctoral studies benefit from domains of excellence and many of it departments offer a large range of doctoral positions.
Please note that the "Règlement" only exists in French.